How Aging Life Care Professionals® Can Help
Aging Life Care Professionals® – Trusted Experts in Smart Aging
Aging Life Care Professionals®, also known as Aging Life Care Managers®, are uniquely qualified geriatric care managers with special expertise in key areas related to aging well. We share our wealth of knowledge with older adults and their families as they face a range of challenges, such as:
- A sudden fall or other unexpected health crisis.
- Worrisome signs of dementia by an aging spouse.
- An aging family member’s need for help living safely at home.
- The stress of your responsibilities as a caregiver.
- Considering new senior living options.
- Feeling overwhelmed by changes in a loved one’s health and mental clarity.
There is some truth to the age-old adage about old age. It’s not for sissies. Elder Advisory Group is here to empower older adults, and their families, to lead their best, most fulfilling lives possible. It begins with a phone call.
Free initial phone consultation
During this conversation, we’re here to listen and learn. Our elder care team will focus on current living challenges, care concerns and the type of assistance needed. We’ll discuss if we can assist, what that may look like in your situation, and next steps. With a mutual agreement to move forward, here’s a brief look at what happens next.
We visit the aging adult’s current residence to complete an in-depth assessment:
- Medical conditions and medications.
- Mental and emotional conditions.
- Ability to complete normal tasks of living, such as dressing, bathing, or cooking.
- Physical space to ensure conditions support the older adult’s safety and well-being.
- Financial or legal needs.
Using what we’ve learned, we develop a Smart Aging™ care plan that can:
- Identify physical, cognitive, and functional needs.
- Recommend changes or alterations to the living environment.
- Provide referrals and organizes resources such as in-home care, elder law, financial and community services.
- Suggest and implements resources to enhance safety and quality of life.
- Coordinate medical appointments with appropriate specialists.
Once a care plan is in place, we work with you and your family to implement it. This may include:
- Facilitating informed decision making.
- Acting as a liaison and coordinating medical, legal, and financial professionals.
- Advocating during medical appointments.
- Ongoing monitoring, reassessments, and care support.
- Bringing skilled knowledge and a calm presence to crises.
Additionally, we schedule regular status reviews with appointed family members to ensure that we are meeting all Smart Aging™ objectives. We also offer mediation services for families struggling to agree on a plan of action.
We understand that this may be your first time dealing with such issues, but it is not ours. We have over 25 years of experience in the Houston area. We’ve gained trust among legal, medical, and financial professionals state-wide and we know the ins and outs of the aging arena. Having a dedicated and experienced Aging Life Care Professional® on your side is a game changer. See what our clients say about us by reading some of our client’s testimonials.
We are Aging Life Care experts
Janet Jackson-McCulloch, MA, CMC, and multiple EAG team professionals are members of the Aging Life Care® Association (ALCA). We are committed to supporting the organization’s strict code of ethics and professional standards.